Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bruins Celebrate Stanley Cup Win With $157,000 Bar Tab

Greetings! To everyone who reads this blog on CBSsports.com please keep your comments clean and most importantly "step your game up"...Floyd Mayweather should've trademarked that. First of all, I admire athletes, I respect what they do. I also respect their talent which is why I love sports so much. I knew sports was a huge part of my life and I knew somehow I had to find a way to make a living at it. Thank God sports reporting was invented because I admit it I am terrible at sports except badminton and golf believe it or not I'm pretty good. Now that being said, there are a lot of things out there that can hurt athletes and may even end his or her career. Drugs, alcohol, violence, injuries, twitter and facebook.


For some reason athletes and social media don't mix. For some reason athletes think that when they tweet or when they post something on facebook, it's only their select group of friends who will see it. Unfortunately things can be retweeted and re-posted and when that happens the media gets it and then it's out there forever.


Apparently Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt didn't get the memo. Dude's facebook page is now private or maybe even taken down at this point but not before these three quotes where taken...


"Retiring from the NFL. F*** You Goddell."


"Change of HEart.. My family is always here for me. I made mistakes and i am sorry i am going to change and become a better person and mentor for all my young fans.. I will accept any penalty like a man.. The road beings Sept 11 in Jacksonville.. ill be ready!!!"


"my facebook was hacked with those past two status's.. i am not retiring and do not have any hate toward the commissioner."


Hey Kenny...uh oh! Nice try with the my facebook account was hacked defense. That worked really well for that congressman. I love how he spells the NFL Commissioner's name wrong...allegedly. Goddell? Do you mean Goodell? Dude's name is emblazoned onto every football in the league. Now I don't know if his account was hacked or not but looking at the first two quotes and then looking at the third quote which he admits writing, I see a lot of similarities in the way they are written. Maybe dude is tired of the NFL lockout and started F bombing the commissioner and then had a change of heart...probably errrr I mean allegedly. I don't think the commissioner will hold a grudge Kenny but just in case get your checkbook ready.


Speaking of checkbooks, I wonder who had the pleasure of scratching that $157,000 check to pay the bar tab for the Boston Bruins celebration. Granted, the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all of sports in terms of games needed to win it all in the NHL. So I guess winning the Stanley Cup means partying the hardest right Bruins? I'm looking at the bar receipt and yes I'll post it here but I wonder how many beers do you have to drink to pay $7460.00 in tax? How much liquor do you have to slam to incur $24,870 in service charges? Actually, the bill would've totaled about $50,000 if it weren't for that 1 bottle of Ace Midas that costs $100,000! These guys spent $100 grrrrr on a bottle of wine!


Personally, I wouldn't do it but if I had a $100,000 bottle of wine I'd be looking to sell it to Steve Wynn or maybe use it as a down payment on an estate. I love the 136 Bud Lights, I mean they had to be buying for the bar...I don't think Tim Thomas and company and throwing back that much beer and living. That must of been one hell of a night. Well, I have to be at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut July 4th weekend for business but now I have to make my way over to Foxwoods to see what a $100,000 bottle of wine looks like. The Bruins that were in attendance signed the bottle of Ace Midas and it is on display at High Rollers in Foxwoods. They will raffle the bottle off later to benefit the Bruins foundation so that's a good thing.


Still that number jumps out at you it's amazing. $157,000.00? Pac Man Jones spending $80,000 at a strip club thinks that was excessive...

No comments:

Post a Comment