Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nascar Driver Pulls Gun On Racers

We are in the midst of an unbelievable NFL season, Major League Baseball keeps handing out awards everyday trying to stay in the limelight, and in the NBA the spotlight isn't on the Lakers or the Heat but Oklahoma City? You heard correctly, the Thunder have been bringing it their past few games defeating Chris Paul and crew after trailing in the 4th quarter...man's game. James Harrison of the Pittsburgh Steelers is trying to set the NFL record for the amount of fines paid in one year by a single player, dude's previous fines were upheld taking him over the $100,000 mark. That's going to be a fun check to scratch. Then you have Cortland Finnegan and Andre Johnson going UFC in Houston. Ripping off each other's helmets, throwing uppercuts and jabs. Surprised Johnson didn't go WWE and fake hit Finnegan with a "steel" chair or throw him through some fake wooden table. 


With all of this news going on if I am talking about Nascar then you know something incredible happened or something really bad happened and it's both. Nascar driver Bobby Hamilton Jr. is accused of going "Scarface" on his fellow racers at Highland Rim Speedway in Tennessee. According to reports, Anthony Walker, a super stock racer, and crew member Scott Thompson were arguing with Hamilton after they were disqualified for their car not being the proper weight. They wanted a refund of their entry fee and they said Hamilton pulled the gun as they were approaching him.


"He cocked it back and started waving it around saying I'll pop it, I'll pop it, I'll pop it," Thompson told Nashville TV station WSMV. Thompson also said, "I've never had a gun pointed at me, and I definitely didn't like it."


Hamilton claims he saw the men approaching with pocket knives. "I kept watching their hands, watching their gestures, they kept getting more frustrated, about the time their hands go in their pockets, about the time they were coming out, they charged, and that's when I said, 'not today, not today,'. I'm going to protect my business and I'm going to protect my life." Hamilton told WSMV. According to police reports, Hamilton has permits for the weapon and no charges will be filed because its a "he-said, she-said situation".


I don't even know where to begin. This is going to be bad for Nascar who are trying to become more family friendly. Not a good look when your drivers are packing heat. Is this Nascar or is it the wild west? Dude was waving his gun saying I'll pop it! That is outstanding. Oh and I love Scott Thompson's statement, "I've never had a gun pointed at me and I didn't like it", welcome to the club Scott, no one likes a gun pointed at them unless you're a badass like Sylvester Stallone or you should've did like Steven Seagal and rip his gun out of his hands and break his arms, very believable move Seagal does in his films, yeah like he wouldn't be shot six times first.


Do you know what I love more than these guys wanting their money back after they tried to race an illegal car...allegedly. Do you know what I love more than Bobby Hamilton going Nino Brown New Jack City on these guys? What I love the most is the Nashville police, listening to both sides, taking statements and going home, that is awesome. No charges fellas? Permit or not, where can you or I go cocking back our glocks and waving them in the air without being shot with a bean bag gun or even worse, being tasered into submission? Tennessee is the answer! Guess in music city it's all good. He-said She-said? What is this the 1950's? This is the first time I've ever heard of that working where no one gets charges, usually someone's going to jail. Watch an episode of Cops and see if that defense works and get back to me and let me know how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment