Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Holyfield Wants to fight The Tank in November

This is a report that needs to be written, I was joking about an intervention yesterday but this guy really needs one. I have sat on the sidelines for too long, the last three times this guy came out of retirement I thought he was nuts and well this time is no different. This is my public service announcement or really a plea for help...someone please stop Evander Holyfield from boxing.

Aren't there rules or laws that protect citizens from themselves, in other words if you try to intentionally hurt yourself you often see police jump in and stop you and try to get you some help. Well where's Holyfield's help? So far the fight pitting Holyfield against Sherman "the tank" Williams is set for November 5th. Williams is 37 years old and Holyfield is 48. They have a combined age of 85! So much for boxing being a young man's sport.

I guess it could be worse, he could've went the James Toney route into Mixed Martial Arts in the UFC against Randy Couture...nothing could go wrong there. Toney had better do like Anderson Silva did and have Steven Seagal cage side to drag him outta there. Yeah I know Silva won, well more like survived. What is with these guys, yes they were all great at one point in their lives but it's as if they just can't let go of that dream to one day get back to being a champion. That is very noble and I almost respect it, but the bad outweighs the good by far.

The older you get the more fragile you get, unless your Jim Brown lol I saw him in person at a book signing and he still looks like he can rip your head off. Maybe because he left football in his prime. Brett Farve, Holyfield, Toney, etc...all of these athletes are jeopardizing the rest of their lives each time they go out to do "battle". One hit away from eating Gerber the rest of your life...no joke. Someone should break down the reality of the situation. Call me crazy but at 48 I don't think being punched in the head repeatedly is going to do you much good in the long run. Sure they'll scratch you a check but how much are you going to enjoy it if something goes terribly wrong?

If this fight does happen it looks like it will be in Detroit...good, I don't want to be tempted to go see this trainwreck. Oh yeah, if Holyfield wins he wants a title shot at Vitali Klitschko the current WBC Champion. Great, so instead of Mayweather v Pacquiao in November I get to see this. Thanks a lot boxing, yeah thanks for nothing I am starting to like UFC better something I never thought I would say but at least they can put together fights worth paying for, something boxing used to be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment